![]() |
| Gerri with my daughter Grace! |
People compose songs about it....artists paint pictures.... photographers take snapshots.... and poets write their lines.... but none of those individuals could truly capture the beauty of having a sister who is truly your best friend. I am so blessed to have been born into a family that allowed me the opportunity to have Gerri be my sister.
Gerri and I are three years apart but being the two youngest of the family of six; age never seemed to be an issue for us. Growing up she was my advocate to the parentals, my protector, my tormentor, my giggle partner, my confidant, and the one person in whom I knew I could always rely upon. In good times and in bad, in happiness or heartache, she was/is the one that is always by my side. Where most sisters would be-grudge a little sister tagging along - Gerri invited me into her circle. Where ever she went, I went. Whatever she did, I did - though it never felt as if I were in her shadow.. it always felt like we were traveling the path side by side.
From the time we were little everyone thought we were twins. In fact, we often took great humor in switching beds so that we could confuse our mother! Even today we are asked that same question whenever we are together. Though some people think we look alike (and we admit we do look like sisters but find it interesting because we are so different) I always take it as a sincere compliment. I could only hope to be all that she is. I could only wish to have a fraction of the talent and ability that she holds. I will forever love her with all my heart and thank my Heavenly Father for allowing me to not only have a the best sister in the universe but to also have that same person be my very best, my very true, my very closest friend. What a blessing she is to me and I will forever be grateful for her in my life.

Sisters are the best!
ReplyDelete