Tuesday, November 16, 2010

DAYS OF GRATITUDE: Day 16 Indoor Plumbing

BEFORE
I just want to express my thanks to the individual who brought us the indoor toilet!    
AFTER

I mean seriously, we've come along way in the area of waste management!  Though currently, I would prefer to have a bathroom on the main level of our home; one where our quests wouldn't have to take a tour of the house to go potty, and where my family wouldn't have to go up or down to use the facilities, I should try to remember that not too many years ago indoor plumbing was just a dream!  I should think how unfortunate it had to be for people who had to hike outside, in the freezing rain or snow, barefoot, uphill and both ways - just to sit on seat or hover over a hole in the ground to relieve themselves.  Not to mention doing all that in the dark and wondering what sorts of creatures were sharing the space with you as you "went".   So thank you Mr. Toilet Maker - thank you for making my life so much easier. I will forever be grateful to have a bathroom within 7 steps of my bed - for those in the middle of the night trips to the girl's room.  And I so appreciate that I can flush away my debris by pushing down a simple lever.  Now if we could just work on self-cleaning toilets - the world would be one step closer to being a perfect place! 




1 comment:

  1. I totally agree and after living for 8 years with just one bathroom, I'm so thankful to have 3!

    ReplyDelete